On December 1, 1989 a new comedic film by John Hughes called National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation was released. Over the past 25 years this film about a father – Clark Griswold – determined to create a traditional family Christmas against all odds (and cousins and parents and blown bulbs and squirrels) has become a holiday favourite.
Retro Festive is the home of all things Griswold and is the exclusive Canadian distributor of glass Marty Moose Mugs, made famous by Christmas Vacation, so here are our top ten quotes from National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation!
10. “Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?
9. “I dedicate this house to the Griswold Family Christmas.”
- “It’s a little dry!”
6. “I don’t know what to say, except it’s Christmas and we’re all in misery.”
- “We’re gonna press on, and we’re gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye.”
4. ” You couldn’t hear a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant.”
And finally….one of our favourite National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation quotes:
1. “Merry Christmas. Shitter was full.”